Mental Health Foundation (India) is a not-for-profit registered organization formed on 20th March 2003 with an aim to promote mental health and create space in society for people with mental illnesses so that they can lead a dignified life.
We are working relentlessly for betterment of people suffering from mental illnesses. We are committed to make a coordinated effort with compassion and understanding to transform social attitudes towards mental illness. The effort is to create the atmosphere which empowers person suffering from mental illness.
Adhering to our commitment and to reintegrate the persons with mental illness to the mainstream of society we provide a range of mental health services to people with mental illness especially to those with weaker support system.
- To promote mental health and to bring a change in the mindset of people about mental illness.
- Evoke a sense of moral and social responsibility towards disability associated with mental illness.
- Advocate for the needs and rights of persons suffering from mental health issues.
- To provide services to people with mental illness particularly with poor support system.
- Optimize independent functioning of persons and help them to live a dignified life by social skill development, occupational mainstreaming and improving their quality of life.
"Whoever attempts to commit suicide and does any act towards the commission of such offence, shall be punished with simple imprisonment for a term which may extend to one year or with fine, or with both."
"Notwithstanding anything contained in section 309 of the Indian Penal Code, any person who attempts to commit suicide shall be presumed, unless proved otherwise, to have severe stress and shall not be tried and punished under the said Code."